Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 serves of veg
- 2 medium cobs of fresh corn, husks removed
- teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or chilli powder to taste
- Preheat grill on medium
- Drizzle oil over corn, making sure the oil cover all the corn
- Place under grill and cook for ten minutes, or until tender, turning frequently with tongs.
- Remove from grill and season with pepper or chilli powder
- Cook the corn on the barbecue instead of under the griller.
- Use different dried herbs to replace the pepper/chilli powder such as dried oregano or coriander. Brush with lime juice after seasoning with pepper or chilli powder.
- Mix herbs with 2 tablespoons yoghurt and spread on cooked corn and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan.
- Microwave the corn instead of grilling it. Omit the oil and wrap each cob of corn in a sheet of moist paper towel, and place on a dinner plate in microwave. Cook on high for 5-7 minutes and allow to cool for one to two minutes before carefully removing paper towel and seasoning with pepper or chilli.
- Use frozen corn cobs instead of fresh corn.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and coriander together. Grate the Parmesan in another bowl. While the corn is still warm slather with mayonnaise mix. Squeeze lime juice over the corn and shower with Parmesan.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Small bowl