Grilled fish with salsa (Lebanese salad)
11 serves of veg
- 2 corn cobs, husk and silk removed, quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 x 120g firm white fish fillets
- Place corn in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of water.
- Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 4 minutes or until just tender.
- In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, capsicum, onion, chilli, coriander and lime juice. Mix gently to combine.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray corn with oil then cook on pan, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred; set aside. Lightly spray fish with oil then cook on grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Serve fish with corn, salad and lime wedges.
Salsa can be made in advance though avocado is best added just before serving.
- Replace tomatoes, cucumber and coriander with a bunch of sliced blanched asparagus and mint.
- Serve fish immediately.
- Microwave safe bowl
- Medium bowl
- Large non-stick frypan
- Egg lifter
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2013 reproduced with permission.