Happy hawaiian pizza + snacks
These lunchboxes are made for primary-aged children. For other ages and appetites simply increase or decrease servings of the main lunchbox item and add in a few more snacks to help silence rumbly tummies!
Please note: Prep time is for filling the lunchbox combo (using pre-prepared food)
- 2 slices of tropical pizza * (pre-prepared)
- 1 apple, whole or cut up
- 1 pear and banana muffin * (pre-prepared)
* See recipe for full list of ingredients and preparation.
- Prepare tropical pizza the night before or use last night’s left overs and place in container.
- Pre-prepare pear and banana muffin (can be done the night before, simply keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve).
- Cut apple into slices (squeeze juice from ¼ lemon over cut up fruit to keep fresh and stop it from browning during the day) or leave whole
- Pack lunchbox with pizza slices, muffin and apple.
Team lunches with a drink that can easily freeze or keep cold. Some ideas include:
- A bottle of water.
- A bottle of water with ice cubes or frozen fruit ice cubes for flavour.
- Occasionally, add a small flavoured milk or 100% fruit juice.
Some fruit and vegetables are not available all year – check out the seasonal calendar to see what fruit is in season right now and substitute as needed!
Food safety note: After removing from the oven, cool the pizzas from 60°C to 21°C within 2 hours and from 21°C to 5°C within a further 4 hours.
- Quick chicken pizza.
- Top with sliced onion, cooked red kidney beans, mushrooms, olives, cooked sliced potato and rosemary and top with cubes of reduced-salt feta cheese.