7 serves of veg
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, sliced in half
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices beetroot (tinned)
- 4 slices low fat cheddar cheese or 50g grated low fat cheese
- 8 leaves of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of chutney or relish
- Place beef mince, onion, carrot, zucchini and herbs with egg in large bowl. Gently combine and shape into four hamburgers.
- Preheat BBQ or grill on medium high heat. Brush both sides of the hamburger with oil and cook for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Place lettuce, tomato, beetroot and carrot on bottom half of bread roll, top with hamburger, cheese and chutney or relish and top half of bread roll.
- Herbs and Spice variations might include, thyme, oregano, chili, rosemary, parsley and basil and garlic
- Minced chicken or lamb can be used instead of beef
- Burgers may be cooked in the oven or on the BBQ
- Cooked meat patties may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- large knife
- Large bowl
- Grill or BBQ