Honey spiced oven roasted chickpeas
6 serves of veg
- 2 x 440g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a large heatproof bowl.
- Add warm cooked chickpeas.
- For a caramelised flavour, return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- large tray
- 3-cup capacity lidded container or zip locked bag
- serving bowl or airtight container
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.