- 6 cups assorted green vegetables in season (choose from: zucchini, leek, celery, asparagus, green beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green capsicums, snow peas and bean-shoots)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce*
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- Slice vegetables to same size for even cooking.
- Steam vegetables for 6-8 minutes or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3-4 minutes until crisp but tender.
- Place dressing ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until honey dissolves, or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute.
- Drain vegetables and toss through dressing. Serve immediately.
Tip: A great way to empty your refrigerator crisper, or to introduce new varieties of vegetables to the family.
- Garlic may be used instead of ginger
- Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free soy sauce
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Microwave safe bowl
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.