Hungry for hummus + snacks
1 serves of veg
.5 serves of fruit
These lunchboxes are made for primary-aged children. For other ages and appetites simply increase or decrease servings of the main lunchbox item and add in a few more snacks to help silence rumbly tummies!
Please note: Prep time includes making of sandwich and packing lunchbox.
- 1 hummus and salad sandwich *
- 1 mandarin
- 8 rice crackers
* See recipe for full list of ingredients and preparation.
- Prepare Hummus and salad sandwich and place in sandwich container or baking paper.
- Pack lunchbox with sandwich, mandarin (skin on), and rice crackers.
Team lunches with a drink that can easily freeze or keep cold. Some ideas include:
- A bottle of water.
- A bottle of water with ice cubes or frozen fruit ice cubes for flavour.
- Occasionally, add a small flavoured milk or 100% fruit juice.
Some fruit and vegetables are not available all year – check out the seasonal calendar to see what fruit is in season right now and substitute as needed!