Italian Pasta Salad
- 2½ cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows)*
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 12 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup snow peas, strings removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 185g can of tuna in spring water, drained
- ½ cup low-fat Italian salad dressing*
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
*Look for low-fat or fat-free dressings at the supermarket
Tip: For best results use Italian flat leaf parsley, when available.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet.
- Toss tomatoes, olives, capsicum, mushrooms, snow peas, parsley, lemon juice and tuna together.
- Mix through pasta.
- Pour the dressing over salad and add pepper to taste.
Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free pasta
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium sized bowl
- Deep pot
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.