Lamb and veggie kebabs
- 500g lean lamb round, cut into cubes
- 8 button mushrooms, halved
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons mint jelly
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce*
- Thread lamb and vegetables onto skewers.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and microwave for 40 seconds to combine.
- With a pastry brush, coat meat and vegetables with marinade.
- Preheat barbecue or grill to moderately hot.
- Cook kebabs for 5–10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing regularly with marinade.
- Serve 2 skewers per person.
Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in hot water for a few minutes to prevent splintering or burning on barbecue.
Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free soy sauce
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Metal or Wooden skewers
- Microwave safe bowl
- Pastry brush
- Chopping board
- Large knife
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.