Mexibean tortilla melt
5.5 serves of veg
- 440g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed, chopped (including green tops)
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin or coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 wholegrain tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- Mix all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of bean mix on one side of each tortilla, then fold over the other side to enclose filling.
- Place in a heated sandwich press and toast for 2 minutes or until crisp and cheese melted.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles and serve immediately.
- Add corn and/or chopped zucchini to mix.
- Substitute green capsicum for red.
- Replace kidney beans with tinned salmon or tuna in spring water.
- Serve immediately.
- large bowl
- sandwich press
- cooks knife
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.