2 serves of veg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 250mL mixed vegetables, chopped (leftovers, frozen or fresh broccoli, capsicum, corn, baby mushrooms, tomato, spinach)
- 6 slices day old multigrain or high fibre bread
- olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Remove crusts from each bread slice.
- Roll each slice flat using rolling pin or bottle.
- Grease muffin pan with spray oil.
- Press the bread slices firmly into each patty tin in the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, spring onion, parsley, pepper and cheese, mixing well. Add vegetables and mix.
- Pour mixture into each prepared bread case ensuring each pan has equal amount of vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200ºC, if using fan forced reduce temperature to 160ºC after 10 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and gently remove quiches from each patty tin.
- Fresh thyme or coriander can replace parsley for a flavour burst.
- Serve with a salad to boost total vegetable serves.
Keep in refrigerator for up to 7 days and freezer for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large bowl
- Muffin tray
- Rolling pin