Moroccan Baked Eggs
4 serves of veg
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ras-el-hanout
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 2 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Brush oil on a non-stick frying pan, over medium heat add onion and garlic, cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, freshly ground black pepper and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Scatter over half of the coriander and then divide the tomato mixture into two small (individual) ovenproof dishes.
- Break an egg into each dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes if you prefer a harder cooked yolk.
- Scatter over the remaining coriander and serve.
- For a milder flavour substitute the ras-el-hanout with sweet paprika.
- Serve at lunch with a leafy salad.
- Substitute ras-el-hanout for Moroccan spice blend.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Non-stick frying pan
- Individual ovenproof dishes