Mushroom & tomato bruschetta
- 400g assorted mushrooms, sliced (swiss brown, flat, button)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ ciabatta loaf
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs in an ovenproof dish.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and oil.
- Pour over mushroom mixture. Loosely cover with foil and cook in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat the bread during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthways and cut each half into 4.
- Spoon mushroom mixture onto bread, grill and garnish with rosemary.
- For a quicker alternative, gently simmer the mushroom mixture in a covered frypan for 10-15 minutes. Heat the loaf for 5 minutes in the oven to make it crisp.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Ovenproof dish
- Small bowl
- Toaster or oven tray
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.