Nectarine & berry salad
- 4 nectarines, sliced and stones removed
- 250g strawberries, washed and hulled
- ¼ cup fresh mint, washed and stalks removed
- 250 mL fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Toss fruit and mint together.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase temperature and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour dressing over fruit and chill.
- Serve cold.
- Use canned peaches if nectarines are not in season
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium-sized bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.