- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup sultanas
- rind of 2 oranges, grated
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 125g reduced-fat ricotta
- rind of 1 small orange, grated
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray a loaf tin. Combine flour, sugar and sultanas in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stir and spoon into tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Turn onto wire cooling rack.
- When cool, spread with ricotta topping.
- Store in refrigerator.
Topping: Whip ricotta, rind and juice until smooth.
- Replace half the flour with wholemeal self-raising flour and use 1 cup chopped dried apricots instead of sultanas.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Mixing bowl
- Orange juicer
- Loaf tin
- Medium-sized bowl
- Wire rack
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.