Orange semolina pudding
2 serves of fruit
- olive or canola oil spray
- ¼ cup semolina
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 600mL low-fat milk
- 2 large oranges
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan forced).
- Lightly spray 4 small 1½ -cup capacity ovenproof bowls with oil or one large 1.5L ovenproof dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine semolina and sugar. Add milk and stir over a medium heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Finely grate the orange rind from both oranges. Remove the peel from both oranges and dice flesh, removing any seeds. Stir orange flesh and finely grated rind into the semolina mixture.
- In a clean dry bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry, then fold lightly and evenly into the semolina mixture.
- Spoon into dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes (individual) 25-30 mins (large dish) until risen and golden brown.
- Serve pudding straight from the oven.
- Pudding is best eaten warm
- 4 x 1 ½ C capacity or 1x 1.5 L ovenproof dish
- small saucepan
- stirring spoon
- grater or micro plane
- medium bowl
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.