Outback Apple Crumble
6 serves of fruit
- 2 wheatmeal cereal biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons monounsaturated margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- 800g can unsweetened apples
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl, mix wheat biscuits, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix margarine and milk together and add to dry ingredients. Stir to form crumbly texture.
- Spread apple over the base of a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumble over the apple and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool
- Add half a cup of sultanas and use a variety of drained canned fruits in natural juice ( peaches, pears, two fruits or apricots) for added flavour.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Large bowl
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Baking dish