Outback Vegetable Tuna Pasta
26 serves of veg
- 1 x 500g packet penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic cloves
- 2 diced onions
- 1 diced green capsicum
- 3 peeled and diced carrots
- 2 sliced medium zucchinis
- 2 diced celery sticks
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 can (400g) whole peeled tomatoes (reduced salt)
- 1 can (425g) tuna in spring water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- canola or olive oil to grease baking dish
- 1½ cups grated reduced-fat cheese for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a large non-stick fry pan stir-fry garlic, onion, capsicum, carrot, zucchini and celery on a medium heat until vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Add mixed herbs, tomato paste and tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add drained tuna, corn and cooked drained pasta and mix through.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is golden brown and melted.
Serve with a green salad.
- If the fresh vegetables listed aren’t available, use frozen or canned mixed vegetables instead, or try different types of vegetables like broccoli or squash.
- Use the same amount of fresh fish instead of a tin of tuna.
- Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free pasta
Can keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- large knife
- Large saucepan
- Large non-stick fry pan
- Can opener
- Pastry brush
- Baking dish