2 serves of fruit
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 apple, core removed and grated, skin left on
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave on high (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Stir, then cook on high for a further 2 minutes.
- Set aside for a few minutes. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon, to taste.
- Replace apple with frozen berries or banana.
- Vary the dried fruit to include chopped apricots, figs or dates.
- Coked porridge can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is not suitable for freezing.
- large microwave safe bowl
- stirring spoon
- serving bowls
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.