Pesto chicken wrap + snacks
These lunchboxes are made for primary-aged children. For other ages and appetites simply increase or decrease servings of the main lunchbox item and add in a few more snacks to help silence rumbly tummies!
Please note: Prep time includes making wrap, using pre-prepared fritters and packing lunchbox.
* See recipes for full list of ingredients and preparation.
- Pre-prepare zucchini and corn fritters (can be done the night before, simply keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve).
- Prepare pesto chicken wrap and place in sandwich container or baking paper.
- Pack lunchbox with fritters, wrap and banana.
Team lunches with a drink that can easily freeze or keep cold. Some ideas include:
- A bottle of water
- A bottle of water with ice cubes or frozen fruit ice cubes for flavour
- Occasionally, add a small flavoured milk or 100% fruit juice.
Some fruit and vegetables are not available all year – check out the seasonal calendar to see what fruit is in season right now and substitute as needed!
- This recipe is for 1 wrap. Consider making 2 if you have an older child or teenager.
- Change the taste by using a different type of wrap (e.g. pita, mountain or lavash bread).
- Add more fresh seasonal vegetables such as corn kernels (drained), avocado slices.
- Replace chicken with another meat or omit for a vegetarian option.
- Add 2 tablespoons grated reduced-fat cheese and toast in a sandwich maker until crisp and brown.
- Optional: sprouts have been included but omit if not to taste (also note Food Safety considerations when using**).
**Food Safety Australia New Zealand considers that high risk foods include ready-to-eat, minimally-processed fruits and vegetables; fresh leafy green vegetables; melons; berries; and sprouts.