Pesto Pasta Salad
- 4 cups cooked Pasta (butterfly, shells, spirals or penne shape)*
- 200g bocconcini cheese (baby mozzarella)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 lebanese cucumber, sliced unpeeled into 1 cm cubes
- 1 medium celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to directions on the packet. Drain and rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Place bocconcini cheese, tomatoes, cucumber and celery in a large bowl. Add cooled pasta, pesto sauce and pine nuts, toss to combine.
Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free pasta
Store in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
Reproduced with permission from the Fresh for Kids – Sydney Markets.