2 serves of fruit
- 2 pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken (or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)
- 200g carton reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
- Place water, sugar, lemon rind and juice and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan, and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- Bring to a boil and add pears. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until pears are just tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered for 10 minutes.
- Toast almonds in the oven for 2 minutes.
- To serve, use slotted spoon to remove pear from syrup and divide among serving dishes.
- Top with some syrup, yoghurt and flaked almonds.
- Gradually add 2 ½ cups warm low-fat milk, ½ half cup at time, stirring between each addition until all liquid is absorbed and all milk added—this should take approximately thirty minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate and 1 tablespoon caster sugar and stir until combined.
Can be stored for up to 7 days in refrigerator. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Saucepan with lid
- Slotted spoon