Pork medallions with chargrilled potato salad
17 serves of veg
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 500g pork loin medallions (4x 120g each), fat trimmed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500g gourmet baby potatoes
- 150g mixed salad or baby spinach leaves (4 cups)
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420g can no-added-salt cannellini or butter beans, drained
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish, add pork and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for as long as time permits, anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Microwave potatoes in a covered bowl with a tablespoon of water for 10-12 minutes on high or until just tender. Allow to cool slightly then cut each in half.
- Spray a barbecue, char-grill or griddle with oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes on grill for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly charred, set aside.
- Drain pork well and discard marinade. Grill pork for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place salad leaves, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over remaining orange dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates, add pork and serve immediately.
- Salad can be served with other barbequed meat, grilled fish, or alone.
- This salad is best eaten on the day.
- non-metal dish
- microwave safe lidded dish
- griddle or barbeque
- large salad bowl
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2013 reproduced with permission.