- 250g sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed and drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat grill. Boil sliced potatoes for 4-5 minutes until tender, or microwave on HIGH (100%) in a covered dish with 1 tablespoon water for 5-6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan, add onion and cook for 2 minutes until golden.
- Add potatoes, stir to combine and brown.
- Stir in spinach and stir-fry until wilted and moisture has evaporated.
- Mix eggs, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg in a small bowl and pour into the frypan.
- Cook over low heat until set.
- Place under hot grill for 2 minutes to brown the top.
- Try finely shredded Chinese cabbage instead of spinach.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Microwave safe dish or medium saucepan
- non-stick frypan
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.