Pumpkin, leek and feta mini frittata
9 serves of veg
Healthy lunchbox fillers — 2 of 10
- Roasted pumpkin and salad sandwich
- Pumpkin, leek and feta mini frittata
- Pesto chicken wrap
- Gourmet vegetarian sandwich
- Crunchy tuna sandwich
- Corn noodle cakes
- Blueberry and banana bread
- Mixed Sandwiches
- All Year Round Fruit Salad
- Mango & BBQ chicken rice paper rolls
Now Reading: Pumpkin, leek and feta mini frittata
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 leek, white part only, cut lengthways and finely sliced
- 600g peeled pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- 95g reduced-fat feta cheese, cut into 5mm cubes
- ¾ cup chopped basil leaves
- small green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spray a 12-hole, ½-cup capacity muffin pan with oil. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place on medium heat.
- Add leek and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add pumpkin, spray with oil and stir to coat vegetables. Add ½ cup water, cover pan and steam for 10 minutes until just tender.
- In a medium sized jug, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through feta and basil.
- Place muffin pan on a flat baking tray then spoon pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 holes. Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold with a green salad or wrap and pack into a lunchbox.
- Use thyme or sage in place of basil.
- Substitute 2 chopped red onions for leek.
- Vary vegetables to include any combination of diced sweet potato, peas, corn kernels, chopped mushrooms, spinach, asparagus or semi-sundried tomatoes, or even leftover roast vegies.
- Serve warm or cold. Frittatas can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months.
- muffin tray
- frying pan and lid
- medium sized jug
- flat baking tray
- cooling rack
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.