- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion and garlic over low heat until onion is translucent.
- Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Add yoghurt to serve.
Tips: If the soup is too thick add a little low-fat milk to make desired consistency.
- Replace yoghurt with ¼ cup reduced-fat coconut milk and heat through. Sprinkle with coriander
- *Use the chicken or vegetable stock recipe from collection for a reduced salt version.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Large pot
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.