Quick chicken pizza
3 serves of veg
- 1 thin 23cm pizza base (dinner plate size)
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup (30g) baby spinach leaves
- ½ large red onion, finely chopped
- 100g cooked or BBQ chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ small red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 6 large cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
- Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base. Top with spinach leaves, sliced onion, chicken, capsicum strips and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking tray, pizza stone or wire rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted then cover with foil to prevent burning. Bake for a further 5 minutes until base is crisp.
- Sprinkle with roughly torn basil leaves on top to serve.
- Use mini bases, pita or wholegrain English muffins for individual pizzas
- For a Mediterranean chicken pizza add drained fat-free sundried tomatoes, fat-free marinated artichokes and eggplant
- Left over pizza can be covered and stored in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Baking tray
- pizza stone
- wire rack
- heat mat
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.