Quick tuna couscous salad
8 serves of veg
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 420g can tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 420g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, optional
- Place couscous in a small heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the tuna, corn, peas, spring onions and coriander.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and stir through sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Add couscous mixture to salad ingredients, mix well and serve.
- Replace couscous with 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice.
- Add a drained 420g can of no-added-salt 4-bean mix, chickpeas or cannellini beans.
- Frozen or fresh corn can be used instead of tinned.
- Add a diced avocado just before serving.
- Salad can be stored in fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- small heat-proof bowl
- large bowl
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.