Quick Veggie Pizza
10 serves of veg
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 medium Capsicum, (red, green and yellow), chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese,finely grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and position rack in middle of the oven.
- Heat large nonstick frypan, brushed with olive oil and add onion, herbs and capsicums. Cook until soft and slightly charred about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- Mix tomatoes with herbs in a small bowl.
- Place pita breads on baking paper lined oven tray, smooth spoonfuls of tomato sauce over base, sprinkle with half the parmesan and then arrange grilled vegetables in a single layer over the sauce.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until edges of pita are crispy.
- Serve with sprinkling of the remaining parmesan, oregano and sweet paprika, cut into slices.
- Add some chili powder to the tomato mix to spice it up. Substitute capsicums for leftover cooked vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, broccoli.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Large non-stick frypan
- Baking paper
- Oven tray or pizza tray