Rainbow pasta salad + snacks
These lunchboxes are made for primary-aged children. For other ages and appetites simply increase or decrease servings of the main lunchbox item and add in a few more snacks to help silence rumbly tummies!
Please note: Prep time includes packing of lunchbox, using pre-prepared foods.
- 500g of leftover rainbow pasta salad *
- 150g honeydew melon with skin removed (squeeze juice from ¼ lemon to keep fresh)
- 1 Fruity muffin * (pre-prepared)
* See recipe for full list of ingredients and preparation.
- When serving up dinner, place 500g of the salad into a sealed container and keep in the fridge until the next day (increase serve for older children).
- Pre-prepare the Fruity muffin and place into container.
- Cut honeydew melon and place in container.
Team lunches with a drink that can easily freeze or keep cold. Some ideas include:
- A bottle of water.
- A bottle of water with ice cubes or frozen fruit ice cubes for flavour.
- Occasionally, add a small flavoured milk or 100% fruit juice.
Some fruit and vegetables are not available all year – check out the seasonal calendar to see what fruit is in season right now and substitute as needed!
Food Safety Australia New Zealand considers that high risk foods include ready-to-eat, minimally-processed fruits and vegetables; fresh leafy green vegetables; melons; berries; and sprouts.
Please refer to food safety information to be aware of when handling and storing melon and the other high risk foods.