Red Cabbage and Apple
8 serves of veg
2 serves of fruit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 trimmed bacon rashers (28cm long), finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large red apples, unpeeled and chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 medium head red cabbage, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Brush non-stick fry pan with olive oil, heat over a medium high heat and add finely sliced bacon.
- Add the onion and cook until golden. Cover with the lid and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apple and cabbage, season with pepper, balsamic vinegar and stir through.
- Cover and cook on low heat for another 60 minutes, checking and stirring during this time.
- Serve with or without butter and freshly chopped parsley.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large non-stick frypan with lid or saucepan