8 serves of veg
1 serves of fruit
- 1 medium cauliflower, pieced into small florets
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted almonds (skin on)
- Plump raisins by placing in small bowl and covering with hot water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place olive oil on baking tray, add cauliflower florets and toss to coat with oil.
- Arrange cauliflower florets in a large shallow baking dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, roast for 10 minutes, uncover and continue to roast for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in small non-stick fry pan over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool and chop coarsely.
- Stir almonds and raisins into the cauliflower and serve.
Can be kept refrigerated for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Plastic bag
- Shallow baking dish
- Small non-stick frying pan
- Aluminum foil