6 serves of veg
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpea, drained
- 30 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Pour well dried chickpeas onto a shallow biscuit tray (with sides) and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, scraping all chickpeas off base with a scraper, roast for another 10 minutes until chickpeas begin to crisp up.
- Check when ready by pressing a chickpea with a fork- they need to be slighly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Dont let them go brown.
- While chickpeas are roasting, prepare the dressing by combining all remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and transfer roasted chickpeas to the bowl and carefully toss through the mixture until well coated.
- Return coated chickpeas to oven and roast for a final 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
May be kept in screw-top jar for up to 3 weeks in dry storage.
- Oven tray with sides e.g. biscuit tray
- Medium bowl
- Chopping board
- Strainer or colander