Roasted pumpkin and salad sandwich
3 serves of veg
- 100g pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- ½ avocado, peeled and stoned
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large iceberg lettuce leaf, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Put pumpkin in a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice thinly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado with a fork. Spread avocado onto 2 slices of bread.
- Top the bread with carrot, lettuce and pumpkin.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
This is a good way of using leftover cold pumpkin the next day.
- Substitute leafy greens for iceberg lettuce.
- Add other seasonal salad vegetables.
- Serve fresh or cover and store in fridge until meal time.
- baking tray
- small bowl
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.