Roasted vegetable bruschetta
6 serves of veg
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into 2 cm-sized
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into 2 cm-sized
- 2 baby eggplants, chopped into 2 cm-sized
- 6 button mushrooms, cut into 4
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 4 thick slices of multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Mix the vegetables with the garlic and olive oil in a plastic bag so they are well coated.
- Place the vegetables onto a baking paper lined oven tray and roast for 20 minutes until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables from oven and transfer to warm bowl.
- Toast bread in toaster or under grill, brush with olive oil.
- Stir the basil leaves through the vegetables.
- Spoon vegetables evenly onto each slice of bread to serve.
- Experiment with mediterranean flavour by adding sundried tomatoes, marinated artichokes or black olives.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large bowl
- Oven tray, lined with baking paper