Roasted Vegetable Salad
12 serves of veg
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped into eighths
- 100g flat mushrooms, quartered
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220˚C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin and potato in a microwave dish with a little water, cover and cook in microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes.
- Toss pumpkin, potato, capsicum, onion and mushrooms together then spread in a single layer over tray.
- Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- When vegetables are cooked, pour over dressing.
- Line serving dish with spinach leaves and pile roast vegetables on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Try including sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, beetroot, squash and baby eggplant when in season
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Baking tray and baking paper
- Microwave suitable dish with lid