Salmon salad wrap
2 serves of veg
- 1 sheet wholemeal wrap
- 1 tablespoon spreadable reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 slices cucumber
- 1 cup baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 105g can no-added-salt pink salmon, drained
- Place wrap on a flat surface.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the wrap bread.
- Along one edge, layer the tomato, cucumber, baby spinach leaves and salmon.
- Roll wrap up tightly to enclose filling and cut in half.
- Mix cream cheese and salmon together before spreading.
- Use a combination of other vegetables such as grated carrot, blanched asparagus, sliced mushrooms, spring onions, sprouts, capsicum strips or lettuce.
- Replace salmon with canned tuna in spring water, drained. You can also substitute a sliced boiled egg or 3 thin slices of turkey, chicken or roast beef for the salmon.
- Use a different variety of wrap eg mountain bread, Lavash or pita bread.
- Wrap can also be toasted.
- Eat immediately or store covered in the fridge until meal time.
- flat board
- butter knife
- serving plate
- sharp knife
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.