Salmon with Wilted Greens
6 serves of veg
- 4 pieces of fresh salmon, skin off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups of mixed greens e.g. Chinese cabbage, Wombok, Bok Choy, Chinese Broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce*
- 3 cups brown or white rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat BBQ or grill on medium high heat. Brush both sides of the salmon with the olive oil. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Cook salmon for 3-4 minutes each side until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frypan or wok on high heat.
- Add half the bok choy and cook for 1-2 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a bowl, add the ginger and remaining bok choy, tossing for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Return all bok choy to the wok with the oyster and soy sauce, toss to coat.
- Serve the salmon with the bok choy on hot rice, sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Substitute the salmon with perch, barramundi or other white firm fleshed fish fillets.
- Garnish with finely sliced red chilli and serve with slice of lime or lemon.
- Can be gluten free with simple swaps such gluten free soy sauce.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Pastry brush
- Medium bowl
- Large Non-stick frypan or wok
- Wok turner or spatula