- 3 small mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup baked beans (or 130g can)
- 6 leaves English spinach or rocket, washed and chopped
- 4 slices multigrain or high fibre bread
- Olive or canola oil spray
- Microwave mushrooms on HIGH (100%) for 45 seconds and strain excess moisture.
- In a small bowl combine mushrooms, baked beans and spinach.
- Lightly spray sandwich maker or brush with olive oil.
- Place two slices of bread on the base of the sandwich maker then divide the filling over the two slices.
- Top with two slices of bread and toast until heated through and golden brown.
- Replace spinach and mushrooms with other vegetables.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Sandwich press or non-stick frypan
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.