6 serves of fruit
- ¾ cup wheat (or oat) bran
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons wheatgerm
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup currants or sultanas
- 1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- 1½ cups reduced-fat milk or yoghurt
- 2 cups chopped seasonal fruit such as bananas, berries, passionfruit
- Mix all ingredients together and place divide between four bowls.
- Serve with reduced fat milk or yoghurt and seasonal fruits.
- Use other dried fruits such as dates, cranberries and raisins
- Use other wholegrain cereals to substitute oats such as crushed weetbix
Can be kept in airtight container in the pantry for up to 30 days (without fresh fruit and milk or yoghurt). Complete recipe may be kept in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Mixing bowl