Spiced Chicken and Roast Almond Salad
For the Salad
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked and stalks chopped
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 500g shredded cooked chicken
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 100g roasted almonds, chopped
- 400g roasted pumpkin, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- freshly ground pepper
- Place all the salad ingredients into a bowl and pour over the whisked dressing. Serve straight away.
- You can also let the salad sit for 15 minutes in the fridge and then toss it before serving to allow the spices and the vegetables marinate a little together.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can opener
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.