Spicy BBQ barramundi with mango salad
4 serves of veg
2 serves of fruit
- 4 barramundi fillets (each about 100g)
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut along core into two large cheeks
- olive or canola oil spray
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- lemon wedges to serve
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin and ground turmeric into a shallow dish and mix well. Add fish fillets and turn to coat.
- Preheat BBQ grill to high. Lightly spray mango cheeks with oil. Cook until lightly charred on each side and set aside.
- Lightly spray the fish fillets with oil. Barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- For the salad, slice mango and combine in a bowl with spinach, avocado, coriander and lime juice.
- Serve fish with mango salad, yoghurt and lemon wedges.
- Replace barramundi fillets with any firm white fish such as snapper, hake, ling, perch, mackerel, cod, seabass or coral trout.
- A drained can of mango in juice or pawpaw can be used instead of fresh mangoes.
- Bottled lime juice can also be used in place of a fresh lime.
- Serve immediately.
- Shallow dish
- BBQ grill
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.