- 4 large potatoes, washed
- 425g can baked beans, reduced salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- ½ cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cup of butter lettuce leaves
- 1 medium Lebanese Cucumber, sliced
- 125g (1/2 punnet) Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 medium Red onion, sliced thinly
- Pierce potatoes several times with a skewer or fork.
- Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Place baked beans, tomato and capsicum in a microwave safe bowl, cook on high 1 minute, stir, then cook a further minute or until heated through.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out a spoonful of the cooked flesh.
- Pile bean mixture back into potato skins.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Reheat in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a garden salad on side.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Potato and cooked vegetables may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Microwave safe bowls
- Chopping board
- Large knife
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.