Summer chicken rice paper rolls + snacks
These lunchboxes are made for primary-aged children. For other ages and appetites simply increase or decrease servings of the main lunchbox item and add in a few more snacks to help silence rumbly tummies!
Please note: Prep time includes making of rolls, cutting/prepping veggies and using pre-prepared dip and cake.
- 2 mango and BBQ chicken rice paper rolls *
- 35g capsicum slices
- 30g snow peas washed
- 115g beetroot hummus dip * (pre-prepared)
- 1 portion cut into bite sizes pieces of carrot, zucchini and date cake * (pre-prepared)
* See recipe for full list of ingredients and preparation.
- Pre-prepare carrot, zucchini and date cake, cut into bite sized pieces and place into container.
- Pre-prepare beetroot hummus dip and decant 115g into container.
- Place capsicum and snow peas in container (to eat with hummus dip).
Prepare mango and BBQ chicken rice paper rolls, place 2 on container.
Pre-preparing can be done the night before, simply keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Team lunches with a drink that can easily freeze or keep cold. Some ideas include:
- A bottle of water.
- A bottle of water with ice cubes or frozen fruit ice cubes for flavour.
- Occasionally, add a small flavoured milk or 100% fruit juice.
Some fruit and vegetables are not available all year – check out the seasonal calendar to see what fruit is in season right now and substitute as needed!