Tandoori chicken and salad wraps
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (450g)
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon tandoori paste, extra
- 4 wholegrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, sliced into thin strips lengthways
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 60g snow pea sprouts
- 20 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180C fan forced).
- Coat chicken in tandoori paste then place in a medium baking dish or onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice thinly.
- Combine yoghurt with extra tandoori paste; spread 2 teaspoons evenly on each wrap.
- Layer equal amounts of chicken, cucumber, capsicum and sprouts on one edge of each wrap, top with a row of mint leaves. Roll up tightly to enclose filling and cut in half.
Cover and refrigerate tandoori coated chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Add tomato and onion for extra vegetables.
- Wraps are best eaten immediately or store covered in the fridge until meal time.
- Medium baking dish or oven tray
- sharp knife
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.