Tasty Tofu Burgers
- 300g firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup instant oats
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- olive or canola oil spray
- Mash tofu with garlic and sauces, then mix in remaining ingredients.
- Season well with pepper and shape into 8 patties.
- Lightly spray or brush a hot pan or grill with oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a roll with lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
Tip: For quick and easy preparation, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. Burger/pattie may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Medium sized bowl
- Chopping board
- non-stick frypan or grill plate
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.