Thai Beef Salad
- 400g lean rump, or fillet of beef
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 limes, juiced (or 1/3 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 mint leaves
- 8 coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Grill or pan-fry the beef (in a non-stick pan sprayed with a little oil). Cool and slice thinly.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over the beef.
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Top with beef and dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: The beef is best served rare but can be cooked to your liking.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Non-stick fry pan
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.