Thai Tropical Tofu Salad
5 serves of veg
5 serves of fruit
- 500g firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce*
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups pineapple, cored and chopped
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 4 cups english spinach, washed
- 2 teaspoons dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoon cashews or peanuts, crushed
- Cut tofu into cubes. Sprinkle lime juice and soy sauce over tofu, toss gently to coat and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining the lime juice, salt, brown sugar, sesame oil, tamari, chili flakes, sesame seeds and coriander. Whisk to combine.
- Prepare the salad ingredients by combining the pineapple, kiwifruit and mango in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick fry pan, saute the shallots for 3-5 minutes until soft and beginning to brown. Add the marinaded tofu and sauces and continue to saute , turning the tofu cubes until they are browned nicely on all sides. Set aside.
- To serve, place 1 cup of baby spinach on a plate, top with tofu, then the fruit and capsicum, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with coconut and cashews.
Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free soy sauce
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Medium flat dish
- Small bowls
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium sized non-stick fry pan
- Tongs or spoon