Toasted Tortilla Sandwiches
- 4 regular round tortillas (mixed grain)
- 400g can four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- Mix beans and chilli sauce together and make sandwiches of tortillas, beans and avocado slices.
- Place on a non-stick fry pan to brown.
- To flatten, place a plate on top and weight it down with a large can.
- When browned and crisp, turn over.
- Repeat for next sandwich.
Tip: The two types of tortillas, wheat and corn, come in small and large sizes. Choose size according to use.
- Cook in a sandwich maker until crisp and brown.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Can opener
- Small bowl
- Non-stick pan or grill plate
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.