- 2 cups rice (brown or white)
- 275g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce (or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 150g snow peas, cut into strips with strings removed
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- ½ Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup bean shoots
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Place tofu in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes with garlic, ginger and sauces. Drain, retaining marinade.
- Heat a wok or non-stick frypan, add oil and tofu and stir-fry until brown on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients except bean shoots and stir for 3–4 minutes until lightly cooked.
- Add bean shoots and tofu, stir through reserved marinade.
- Serve with rice.
- Savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts or bok choy may be used instead of Chinese cabbage, and try a small leek instead of spring onions.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Medium-sized bowl
- Large non-stick frypan or wok
- Wok turner
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.